When your 23rd birthday falls on the 23rd, I think it's socially acceptable to wear a gold sequin skirt and buy gold balloons. ;)
I LOVED being 22. I graduated college, got my first big girl job, I traveled near and far (Utah, Idaho, Arizona, Japan, and Oregon), I grew my blog, I made new friends, I got my second big girl job, and just loved life! I loved being 22 so much that I actually dreaded turning 23. HAHA! But hey, it's my golden birthday, so I'm hoping for a golden year ;) Not that every year hasn't been golden. I feel extremely blessed to live the life I have!
In honor of 23 years, I thought I'd share 23 things I've learned so far (in no particular order of importance). And of course, share some photos in my golden birthday outfit ;) Thank you for all of your love and support! XO
1. Laughing with the people you love is one of the best feelings in the world.
2. Be kind. Always.
3. Good food = good times.
4. Being organized brings peace of mind.
5. Family IS everything.
6. Making a few top notch quality friends > making a ton of semi good friends.
7. It's okay to have a few nice things. It is not okay to flaunt it 24/7.
8. It seems as if those you judge always do something nice later on to make you regret your judgement.
9. Having insurance is very important.
10. Cats are awesome.
11. Sometimes taking a personal day is VERY necessary.
12. Leggings are my favorite wardrobe item.
13. Justin and I were definitely meant to find each other. He completes me.
14. Driving around with good music on is relaxing.
15. Finding shoes that fit my feet will probably be a lifetime struggle.
16. My siblings are all taller, smarter, and more obedient than me. ;) sorry, mom.
17. My dad is the smartest and nicest person I know.
18. My mom's cooking is the best. And she is hilarious.
19. It's important to learn from your past, and use it to make a brighter future.
20. Japan is very near and dear to my heart.
21. I'm obsessed with shaving my legs and painting my nails.
22. Getting enough sleep can make the world of a difference in your day.
23. God is good.