Since I haven't been active in blogging lately I've decided to extend the FragranceNet giveaway!! Enter HERE until Sunday night!
Whew. Long blog post title, sorry! And hiiii, long time no see ;) Life has been a bit crazy the past couple weeks with work being busy, upholding my commitment to the gym, keeping up on my tv shows (LOL), and spending time with family. I also needed to step away from the blog to regain some creative juices! It's not easy to pump out new content on the daily, so props to those of you who do!!
It's now been three years since I've had my own sewing machine, and while I don't really create my own products, I have found a love to recreate clothes for me to wear! I LOVE finding an article of clothing with wear potential, then fixing it up to fit me better. Take this dress I'm wearing for example-- it's pretty, but there were a lot of things "wrong" with it that I had to fix before wearing it. It took me a year since buying it to finally be able to wear it! I'm so slow at my projects, haha.
1. The length. Being a shortie, it's usually my #1 issue with maxi skirts/dresses and pants. So I hemmed it.
2. The bodice. This is a more flowy dress, but it was still a little large on me, so I took it in.
3. The sleeves. This dress originally had an elastic band on the sleeves and almost hit my wrists. I HATE elastic sleeves!!!! They feel so restricting on me and look unflattering in my opinion. Those had to go!
4. Slits. This dress had to long slits up the front of the dress (kind of like this skirt from GoJane or this skirt from Addition Elle, a plus size retailer). I sewed them together. Luckily the pattern on this dress is busy enough that it's hard to tell ;)
5. SEE THROUGH-NESS. This dress is sheer, so I had to order a long black slip and sew it underneath. Then I just wore a black shade shirt up top!
It's sad that it took me a year to do those five things, but better late than never, right ? ;) I'm glad I was finally able to wear it! For a simpler look, I styled it with sandals and my classy Daniel Wellington watch that I love! Be sure to use the code rachelsayumi for 15% off your purchase on their site until May 31st!!