Today's Blogtember challenge is to list five things that bring you JOY. I love to find joy in the little things in life. So today I'll be sharing small and simple things that bring me joy, rather than the obvious things (like my husband, family, church, my job, etc. hehe)
1. Picnics. Last week Justin and I grabbed some lunch and laid out a blanket at a park and ate our food. I just love being outside and enjoying time together. We also went on a hike with friends over the weekend, and had a picnic at the summit. My family used to have picnic dinners outside when I was growing up, and it's always been one of my favorite things. It makes me so happy!
2. Reading a good book. With social media,TV, and the internet being all up in our faces all the time, sometimes it's hard for me to sit down and read. But I do LOVE reading. I got myself a library card last year and it's been so much fun to look up books I might like, and read them. Is it weird that I get butterflies in my tummy when I go to look for a book at the library? haha.
3. A clean living space. Justin and I are pretty good about keeping our place tidy and clean, and I'm really proud of that. I am so grateful that I found someone who likes organization as much (maybe more! ha) as I do! Justin and I didn't live with each other before we got married, so we never really knew how much the other cleaned, etc. But having a tidy living space really brings peace and tranquility to our lives (sounds cheesy, but it's true!!). They don't say "cleanliness is next to Godliness" for nothin'.
4. A good work out class. I love the energy I feel when I go to my exercise classes - whether it's zumba, hip hop dance, or a core and stretch class. Moving my body makes me feel good, and seeing my daily steps count hit 10K really brings me joy ;)
5. Watercolor painting. I started painting for fun back in February. I'm not very good, but I've definitely seen an improvement in the last six or so months, and it's exciting to see progression! It's so relaxing to sit there and paint my night away.